No crowded pools. No long buffet lines. No surprise accommodations. Need any more reasons to spend a summer holiday with family and friends in a private, tucked away villa? Whether it’s celebrating a reunion or just a desire to bond with loved ones, homes away from home are becoming the ideal choices when planning group vacations, especially considering the high personalized service guests receive in addition to great value. Below are 5 AMPR-handpicked save or splurge secluded coves:
1. Haiku House, Saba, Dutch West Indies: Located on its own private hilltop just up the road from Queen’s Gardens Resor, this luxury mountain hideaway is inspired by a 16th century Japanese villa. A feast for all the senses, this private three-bedroom, three-bathroom house includes a private swimming pool, Jacuzzi and stunning views of the Caribbean Sea. Rates start at $695 per night. Minimum three nights stay.
2. Villas Sur Mer in Negril, Jamaica: the sounds of steel drums mixed with crashing waves are rhythmic at the stunning Seaside Villa. Dubbed as the “gem of Jamaica,” the 6-bedroom/bathroom Seaside Villa, overlooking the cliffs of Negril, offers plenty of room for a family reunion or getaway with friends. With a spacious kitchen (private chef available), swimming pool and hot tub overlooking the beautiful beaches of Negril, this villa also plays host to intimate weddings. Rates start at $1,600 nightly or $11,200 weekly now through December 5. Minimum three nights stay.
3. La Mer Azure (Pink Sands Estates), Harbour Island, The Bahamas: The iconic haven Pink Sands Resort recently launched a series of private homes for even more privacy. One of two ready for vacation rental, La Mer Azure is a stunning two story, three-bedroom house with jaw-dropping views of the ocean and bay. Designed as an inspiration to the historic part of Dunmore town, La Mer Azure still possesses all the modern amenities perfect for large families and milestone events. Pink Sands Estates guests have access to the legendary three-mile pink sand beach, the resort’s restaurants and bars, tennis courts and more. Private butler and golf cart included in each estate. Rates start at $1,900 a night or $11,305 a week during low season. Ask about the Banyan Tree home too.
4. Casa Azul, Trancoso, Brazil: Set right on the water at Praia dos Nativos, this stunning and modern-styled house is ideal for large families or friendly reunions. A mixture of sophistication meets authentic Brazilian flavor, this house is unpretentious and perfectly in keeping with its surroundings. Tucked privately in nature yet steps away from the tropical Brazilian beaches, Casa Azul welcomes up to 12 people (two bedrooms are spread out in the main house and three stand-alone, private bungalows). Daily maid service is included and for a small fee a local chef cooks up fresh, delicious and traditional Brazilian cuisine. Weekly rates start at $14,500 now through December 15.
5. Villa Cap au Vent, Pointe Milou, St Barths: Perched high on the cliffs of Pointe-Milou, this villa offers some of the best views of the ocean in all of St. Barths which can be seen from each of the four bedrooms. Here, idyllic settings are made perfect for the bons vivants with a swimming pool overlooking the ocean below, a lounge area for private relaxation, and a brand new fully equipped kitchen with open terrace for decadent celebrations. Resident housekeeper also available. Rates start at $17,900 for four bedrooms now until December 14. Minimum seven nights stay.